YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM MICHIGAN IF...
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
- "Vacation" means going up north for the weekend.
- "Up north" means anything north of the Zillwaukie bridge.
- You measure distance in hours.
- You know several people who have hit deer more than once.YA!
- You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
- Your whole family wears hushpuppies and blue and gold shirts to church on Sunday and they yell Go Blue at the end of
- You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
- You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked. Hey!
- You think of the major food groups as beer, fish, and venison. Of course!
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
- There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Farm & Fleet at any given time.
- Yah and you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You refer to the Wolverines as "we,"
- You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, winter again
- You can identify an Ohio accent.
- You don't have a coughing fit from one sip of Pabst Blue Ribbon.
- Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a cow next to your blue spruce.
- You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
- Down south to you means Toledo.
- A brat is something you eat.
- You go out to a fish fry every Friday.
- Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
- You have more miles on your snowmobile than your car.
- You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
- You already have next years calander marked with the date for the Fish Fly Festival.
- You had to miss your little sister's wedding because the smelt were running.
- You refer to anyone who lives in the lower peninsula as a "troll" because they live under the bridge.
-You've ever pointed to a spot on the back of your left hand to show someone where you're from.
- You refer to Michigan State as "that other college".
- You always save the last three days of your vacation time for the opening of deer season.
- You can't wait for the holidays to be over so you can go to the auto show.
- You've ever uttered the phrase "Sorry Grandma, you're gonna have to have that hip surgery next weekend. This weekend's
the sportsman's show at the Expo Center".
- You know direct routes and locations for at least three cider mills.
- You know that actual summer in the U.P. happens only during the middle two weeks in July.